Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: w2k application & driver

  1. #1
    Inactive Member nrlbuild's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Unhappy

    Maybe someone can help me. I bought an EWS64 L/XL in like new condition in the original box. I installed it the other day. My OS is w2k so I went online and got the w2k drivers and application from terratec. Everything installed fine however the control panel and application in general DO NOT LOOK ANYTHING LIKE WHAT IS SHOWN IN THE MANUALS. It looks much simpler and less functional. I also can not seem to do much other than play a CD or cassette. Obviously there are supposed to be a lot of functions associated with this card. The other odd thing is there is no help screen or anything like it in the application. I want to be able to record cassettes to the hard drive and then burn a CD, or Burn straight to a CD or something like this. Also I emailed terratec and have not gotten a reply. Can anyone help me sort this out?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member philippz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 28th, 2000
    Posts
    109
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The original manual that you received with your card is simply outdated. The Win2K drivers and control panels changed a lot since Win9X, but the important basic functions are still available.
    To explore all the functions of the EWS64, you will have to read the manual...
    You cannot burn a CD with the EWS64 by itself, you will need a special software to do that.

    Bye, Philipp

  3. #3
    Inactive Member nrlbuild's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Thanks for the reply. I will try to download a manual for the w2k application and drivers. I have "nero" for burning CD's but I want to record from tape to the hard drive, then to CD. I think I should be able to do this, hopefully the manual will guide me through.

    Thanks
    Ned

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Beta-Decay's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 19th, 2000
    Posts
    1,417
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Good luck.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member nrlbuild's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Beta-Decay:
    Good luck.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Do you know something I don't? Am I wasting my time? I don't seem to have many functions of the card available, and I can't seem to find a help file anywhere. Is their somewhere better to find the correct drivers for this card or is the W2K OS insurmountable?

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Werner_O's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 28th, 2002
    Posts
    84
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    1. EWS64 with W2k:
    Unfortunately you will not find any information to the EWS64-W2k-driver in any Terratec-manual (as I know). The EWS64-Controlpanel of W2k is complete different to the EWS64-Controlpanel of Win98.
    At the the homepage of Uwe Kindler (http://www.htwm.de/ukindler) you will find a really great replacement of the original Terratec-Controlpanel!!! This program is called 'EWS64 Promix' (for Win9x) or 'EWS64 XproMix' (for W2k/XP).
    This program is excellent and worth to pay 5 Euro. Further information to this program you'll find at the mentioned URL.

    2. Creating audio-cds from cassettes with EWS64:
    To do this with the best results you should to the following:
    A. Record your tapes via the Line-In-2 of the EWS64. Note: Each track of the cassette should be recorded separatly to it's own wav-file.
    B. Edit the recorded tracks with a Wav-Editor (like Wavelab).
    First of all now you should reduce the tape-noise of a track with a denoiser-plugin. Like this you're able to reduce the tape-noise to a level which cannot be heared anymore (with good plugins).
    C. Many (especially very old) tape records have a defective of the high frequency range. The best way to correct this are plugins like 'Steinberg Spectralizer', which are able add harmonics to the track. This solution will give you the best results. If you don't have any plugin like 'spectralizer' you can change the high frequency range via any EQ.
    D. Finally 'normalize' every track. If you do so each track will have the optimal level.
    E. Now you can burn the audio-cd. Just open any CD-burning-program (WinOnCD, Nero..) and open a 'CD-Audio-Project'. In this project you can include any of your edited WAV-tracks in your favourite sequence.
    That's all!

    Regards
    Werner

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Werner_O's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 28th, 2002
    Posts
    84
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello NRLBUILD

    I've tried to send you detailed information to install the EWS64 with Windows XP. This email returned to me with an error-message.
    It seems to be that your email-address is not correct.

    If you are still interested to detailed hints to install the EWS64 with Windows 2000/XP please contact me via email. Then I will send you this information again via email.

    Regards
    Werner

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Beta-Decay's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 19th, 2000
    Posts
    1,417
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My saying good luck was not meant in a negative way. However the card does have things that make it difficult to use.
    I refuse to try using win2000 and the EWS because the drivers for 2000 and NT were never as good as those for 98. It has been a while since I tried it though, so maybe there have been some changes that make it so it is easier to get it working.

    The EWS can be a fun card to use, as soon as you get it to work and learn all the software.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Werner_O's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 28th, 2002
    Posts
    84
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    Good news for EWS64-user:

    Since a few minutes an early beta-release of the english pages of my homepage studio4all is available :-)
    Goto: http://www.studio4all.de/start.hmtl

    At this page you will find a lot of hints to the EWS64:
    Windows 9x Setup
    Windows 2000/XP Setup
    Cubase Setup
    EEPROM Setup
    and more...

    I hope that you can benefit from at least some of all these hints.

    Unfortunately not all of the contents of my german homepage are available until now, because this is an very early beta-release.
    The 'Project Micro-PC for the EWS64', all my mixermap-pages and the link-page are still missing.

    Further the text hasn't been corrected by native english people (Sorry for any mistakes!) and a lot of screenshots from english Windows-versions are still missing too (I cannot do them myself!).

    Please feel free to help me!!!
    I really need your help, it's too much for me alone...

    Does anybody wants to help me?

    With kind regards
    Werner

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •